A few Witte's suggested I start a blog about the baby so, here we go! This is how our new and exciting journey got started... The morning after a long night of adult beverages and bull riding at Whiskey River, I woke up at 9:00 am. Please note that this is not normal for me, at all! No, I wasn't hungover. An overwhelming amount of guilt came over me. Why was this? My first instinct was to take a PG test just to make sure I wasn't pregnant because we had way too much fun the night before. So, I took a PG test and BAM! It had 2 lines...I had to check the instructions several times to make sure that's what it meant. I instantly woke Tim up out of his sleep coma and showed him the stick. He didn't really comphrehend what was going on and fell back asleep. I woke him again and told him I was going to the store. "Get back in bed, go later." he said. Ummm..no sir. I needed to get another test to make sure I knew that this was the real deal. I think it finally hit him and reality sunk in as I was about to hop in the car. We ended up going to CVS together. This time I bought the PG test that read "yes" or "no". Sure enough we came home and it said "yes"! We got confirmation from the doctor a couple days later and kept it a secret from everyone until Thanksgiving Eve. Tim and I decided to tell his mom and step-dad and my mom and step-dad before anyone else. We made birthday invitaions that read:
"You're Invited to a Birthday Party..."
For: BABY LECOMPTE, Date: 7.27.2011, Place: HOSPITAL, Time: TBD
We let them open the envelope and read the invitation. Everyone was shocked, surprised but most importantly excited! I also snuck in a secret phone call to Nonny and Pawpaw, my grandparents. They were at my Aunt Sandy and Uncle Russell's house during the call, so the whole gang got to hear the awesome news. Everyone was sworn to secrecy and asked to stay off facebook until further notice. Thanksgiving day I made a special trip to see my Dad and Holloway sisters to deliver the good news. It was a bitter sweet moment because my Poppa Holloway had passed away 6 days earlier. Later, The LeCompte family came over to eat and this is when we passed out more "birthday" invitations. The room cheered except one person stayed quiet, my sister in law, Patti. She sat there confused and said, "I don't get it!" I said, "Are you kidding me? You are going to be an Aunt!" It finally made sense and she hopped up and hugged me as hard as she could. It was a funny, memorable moment. I swear she is blonde sometimes..lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment