Monday, March 7, 2011

It's a Girl!!!

It's  a Girl!
Baby Girl's profile
Front of face and hand
19 weeks, 3 days!
As most of you know already...it's a GIRL! Shocking...I know!

My mom and Tim's mom got a special opportunity to join me and Tim in the ultrasound room. As soon as the Technician got started, she immediatley announced it was a girl. I think it caught all four of us by shock at first because I looked over at Tim, my mom and Judy and nobody really said anything. My only reaction was, "Sorry Tim!" with a small chuckle. Then, I saw some excitement from the mom's. Tim, on the other hand was quietly still processing the announcement. The ultrasound lasted almost an hour. Baby Girl even waved to us! It was so clear and one of the coolest things I've seen. I'm so happy everyone got to see it live and in person. Baby Girl was very active and didn't want her picture taken at times. She kept covering her face with her arm. My mom said, "Gee, I wonder where she gets that from??"...ahem... that would be me :) Another thing she did was make sucking movements with her lips. The Technician wanted the baby to flip over so she pushed real hard into my stomach and Baby Girl put her arms up and was pushing back at the Technician. It looked like she was "raising the roof", but she was actually getting cramped in her small space and was trying to make room. It was pretty funny to see! We got a few pictures to take home...and I even noticed her profile is a spitting image of Tim!

Again, this was quite a shock, as there is not one girl on Tim's side of the family. Let's just say Judy, my mother-in-law has been waiting 40 years for a girl to arrive....I guess Tim and I are the chosen ones to bring this little Princess into the world! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow 40 years since there has been girl in Tim's family. I bet his mom is very excited! Congrats on sweet Baby Girl. Hope you will be able to come to reunion this year.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete